Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

Last Day of school…Sophie’s final blog of 5th grade~

Sophie's Last Day of School Blog:

Hi every one today was my last day of school for 5th grade! Can you believe it because I remember the first day of school like the back of my hand it's been 175 days! We started with the unit of Explorers if you remember correctly. For science in that unit we did astronomy. For my final projects we did the scrapbook video and the play. In the second unit we studied Colonial life. For science we did the human body. And the final projects were the video and the collage and poem books. My favorite unit was the Revolutionary war especially because we had Liberty Kids. For science we did chemistry and I did my almanac at the farm. It was one of my final projects also the chemistry lab projects and my totally cool almanac. The math this year was much harder than in regular school but I think it really paid off. Guinness math was my favorite and then I liked Fraction Stories a lot as well. Sylvan is really hard but it does teach you a lot of great mathematics skills. 5th grade is hard and we had a few rough patches just like in regular school but I think homeschooling is better for me and for all of us and I can't wait to move on to 6th grade. I'm looking forward to a lot of things in 6th grade. Maine studies and Civil war especially. Mom is a great teacher and I think she is going to teach me again the most important thing about homeschooling which is learning how to learn. I had a great year and I know I will have a great year next year!


 

-Sophie

2 comments:

  1. Sophie and Corrie,

    You two did a FANTASTIC job documenting and sharing your work together. It's been a pleasure to read about it almost every day. Thank you for letting us be a part of your experience. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie - it has taken me a few days to read your final blog, as you know we have been wicked busy here at Midden Earth, however, I just want to say I am so very proud of you and your Mom. You two have taught all of us more than you have learned. You did great and Thank you for including Bo and I in the experience. I can hardly wait until next year. love, Gama

    ReplyDelete