Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 160 Walt Disney World

April 30, 2012 Day 160 Walt Disney & Disney World

Read: Who Was Walt Disney? By Whitney Stewart

Write a review of this book: The book, Who was Walt Disney? By Whiteny Stewart

Whitney Stewart explains the life of Walt Disney and many other facts and details about his career. I very much enjoyed this book and recommend it for other people of all ages. I have looked up some of the interesting facts in this book and realized that some of them are inaccurate. There seems to be a controversy between Walt Disney and his old partner UB Iwerks about who created Mickey Mouse. It comes to find out that Walt Disney did create Mickey and UB co-created him. Who was Walt Disney the book tells about the rollercoaster of Walt’s magical career and all of the ups and downs. I admire Walt for being the man who sat down and said that he wanted to have fun with his daughters and not just be parents on the bench watching his kids have fun. I admire Walt for being the man who created stories and characters that came to life in moving pictures. And I admire the mouse and the man who started it all.





List 36 things you learned at Walt Disney World:

1.       I learned how to draw Tigger from Winnie the Pooh

2.       I learned that the first week of May is one of the least busiest weeks of the year in Disney World

3.       I learned that Lily doesn’t like rollercoasters

4.        I learned that Caca was coming down for two days

5.       I learned that Disney changes things for each ride in less than two days

6.       I learned that the Haunted Mansion isn’t scary at midnight

7.       I learned that they are putting Zebra’s in the Kilimanjaro Safari

8.       I learned that Walt Disney married a woman named Lillian Bounds

9.       I learned that there is a great American show at Epcot

10.   I learned that there is a make your own rollercoaster ride at Epcot

11.   I learned about Frederick Douglas in the American show

12.   I learned that Harriet Beecher Stowe is considered one of America’s greatest heroes

13.   I learned that Walt Disney had an animated bunny character named Oswald before Mickey that he lost ownership rights of

14.   I learned that the It’s a small world song gets really annoying after eleven years

15.   I learned that Walt Disney drove an ambulance in France during World War 1

16.   I learned that I am tall enough for every ride at Disney World

17.   I learned that Pirates of the Caribbean was an original ride designed by Walt Disney

18.   I learned about fast passes and how they work

19.   I learned that Walt Disney had an older brother named Roy who helped him with his work




20.   I learned that Walt Disney never got to see Disney World

21.   I learned that Walt Disney died of Lung Cancer

22.   I learned that sitting in the front part of the log on Splash Mountain gets the wettest

23.   I learned that there are hidden Mickey’s on some of the rides that people try to find

24.   I learned that there is an interactive quest at Magic Kingdom that we did this year; it is called Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom

25.   I learned that the best way to see all of the Disney Characters is to go to the Epcot Character spot during the fireworks

26.   I learned that you can trade pins with Disney employees

27.   I learned that Walt Disney loved to play practical jokes



28.   I learned that I love to draw animated characters

29.   I learned that I love all rides at Disney World and I love rollercoaster’s

30.   I learned about Susan B. Anthony in the America show

31.   I learned how  animation works

32.   I learned how they color characters with a computer

33.   I learned about how they make movies at Hollywood studios

34.   I learned how they do stunts with stunt extras

35.   I learned that it is fun to go to Disney with just my family not just all my cousins and grandmothers

36.   I learned that I love Disney World



Create Poster incorporating these sentences and pictures



and this is Lily's poster!




Math: 3 pages in workbooks--learning to measure and calculate volume and also about the standard and metric measuring systems

No comments:

Post a Comment