Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Day 62 Christmas School Day 3 + Pearl Harbor


December 7, 2012     Day 62   Christmas School Day Three

Daily Sparks

Spelling

My family is kinder than my friend’s family. My mom is prettier than my dad. My dad is the smartest with computers out of our whole family. Nobody in our family is the meanest. I am older than Lily. My dad is the oldest of all.

Shakespeare

Yes, last year when I was told I was going to Disney I was so excited. And after a while when I got there, I wasn’t as excited as I got there, I wasn’t as excited as I was when I was told I was going to do it. Because the anticipation was so overwhelming that after a few days when I was there, it wasn’t as exciting as when I was thinking about it.


Critical Thinking

The North Poles will never get as much sun as the equator and it is so cold because the sun bounces away from it.

Poem

I learned about Thomas Gray who wrote an Ode to his favorite cat who drowned in a bowl of goldfish. This poem was funny and cute and it explained how Thomas’s cat drowned in a tub full of goldfish. The lesson of the story was what glitters isn’t always gold.

 
Lesson about Pearl Harbor Anniversary

I saw how all of the people there were hit by complete surprise and they suffered greatly. More than 3,000 people died in less than an hour. America was brought to war and they gained revenge over Japan. It is important to think about all those people who died on December 7th because it is an important day in history and only 71 years ago.

 
Christmas Poem

 
Bath bombs, and nuclear bombs,

That’s what we did today

We made Lace Crowns, and watched people drown.

That’s what we did today


Christmas school and Pearl Harbor

That’s what we did today

Christmas school and Pearl Harbor

 Since it’s the anniversary


Christmas Crafts and military aircraft

That’s what we did today

71 years since the attack

We memorialize, and we play

World War II and fun too,

Christmas school and Pearl Harbor

No comments:

Post a Comment