Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

Days 65-67 Christmas School & Silent Night WW I & Farm School


December 12 -  14  Days 65-67  Christmas School & Farm School

Dreamcatcher Poem

Thread loop pull again

Thread loop pull again,

That’s what you do to make a dream catcher

 
I had four themes for four different people.

Under the sea, gold, traditional, and “The Beatles”

I had a lot of fun threading watching movies and all.

Except when out of my chair, I did fall!

WWI Silent Night paragraph

The Germans, the French, and the Scottish were fighting in December in France. They all had trenches and were shooting all day long at each other and many soldiers died every single day. There was snow on the ground and it was cold and nobody wanted to be there. There was a famous singer fighting with the Germans and he REALLY didn’t want to be there. On Christmas eve they were shooting during the day, but at night, the singer took a mini little Christmas tree and put a candle on top of it and started singing “Silent night” in German and everybody watched and held there fire. Then the Scottish joined in with their bagpipes and the French were kind of confused. After the song was done the singer from Germany sang “Adeste fideles” and every soldier came out to greet everybody, even the French. They talked to each other and told about their families and read their letters from their wives. And then Christmas day they started shooting again and it was all so sad, and the singer died. But the seize fire on Christmas eve was always remembered. 

Daily Sparks

Spelling

If I were an Olympic champion, I would get to be famous.

If it were going to snow tomorrow, I would go skiing in Sugarloaf.

If I were going to Florida, I would bring a bathing suit and sunscreen.

If I were a princess, I would dress in the finest, most sparkly, ball gowns ever!

If I were superman, I would be able to fly on my own and not have to pay for a plane ticket.

I learned about conditional verbs.

Mixed metaphors:

My love for you is forever, or as long as we are together. You keep this happy smile on my face, and when I see you I cry. You are like a tree of love, with your branches filled with loneliness. Until I met you I was miserable, and now I am even more. You are my rotten cheese, stinky and sweet. When you are gone I am with tears, and when I am near you, I’m full of fears. My love is like a rose, In the winter, when it snows!

Shakespeare

Blood.

I think that Lancelot was being mean and completely unreasonable I don’t think religion matters where you go after you’re dead because, YOU”LL BE DEAD!

Critical Thinking

7 or 11

A photograph: This document could be helpful because you could be able to see what the historical event looked like and who was there and where it took place. One reason that this document could limit studies is because you couldn’t be able to learned about why the historical event happened and the speeches that were said.

Eye witness article: this form of document could be helpful because it could describe clearly what happened at the event. But it could be fake and it could not be accurate.

History textbook: well you could learn about why the event happened and what was said. But you wouldn’t get all the correct details of what happened and who was at the event

 News Broadcast at the time of the event: I think that this would be the most accurate because you could see everything happen as soon as it does happen but sometimes it could take a long time for answers to come in at the time of the event.


Poems

Her face is like the night.

Latin & Science Books—Final Projects
Sophie wrote a book for Lily's kindergarten Montessori class about the myth of Narcissus. She wrote the story in Latin and included a translation page. She will read the story to Lily's class in January.

 
She also wrote a Science book for the class entitled "What is a Cell?"



No comments:

Post a Comment