Pages

Monday, April 1, 2013

Day 122


7 x7 Seven Subjects & 7 things I learned Day 122                              

1.       Math

a. Today in Math I learned about the mean, median, and mode.

b. Mean is the average of a list of numbers you find the mean by adding the total of numbers on the list and then dividing by the number of numbers on the list.

c. The median is the middle number, or the average of two numbers. You can find the median by counting to the middle number on a small, medium, and large list.

d. The mode is the number that appears the most on a list.

e. 1, 2, 3, 4, mean = 2.5,

Median = 2.5

There is no mode

f. 15, 2, 7, 2, 7, 3

Mean = 6

Median = 5

Mode = 7 and 2

g. 3, -6, 3, 3, 0, 15, 3

mean = 3

median = 3

mode = 3

 

2. Science

a. PASS

3. History

a. In history today I learned that in 1942 many black Americans were planning a march against Washington to let black Americans join the military. Before the march held place, FDR signed the Executive Order No, 8802.

b. I learned that because of war bonds, from 1941 to 1942 government bond sales amounted to more than $61 billion.

c. In the battle of Midway, the Japanese lost four carriers, a heavy cruiser, and many planes. The Americans lost one carrier, a destroyer, and 100 planes.

d. I learned that in the battle of Stalingrad, the Russians wore nice warm white winter wear, and the Germans were in their summer uniforms which were dark green, because of the white snow, their dark uniforms made them an easy target and this was part of the reason that the Russians won Stalingrad.

e. I learned that in November 1942, American troops were sent to Africa for the first time to help their allied troops under the command of Eisenhower.

f. I learned that in 1945, before Truman dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima, he dropped many fliers that read, “Surrender o r face prompt and utter destruction”

g. The allies waited ten days before they dropped the bomb on Hiroshima, and then waited more before they dropped the bomb on Nagasaki and Japan finally surrendered.

 

4. Language

a. Today in Spanish I learned how to say, “What do you like doing?” ?Que te gusta hacer?

b. I played a game with Gamma, I asked her what she liked doing, “?Que te gusta hacer?”

She replied, “La pintara cabbler” I like painting horses.

c. Then gamma asked me what I liked doing, I replied, “Me ecunta la pahtenje.” I like skating.

e. I learned some new activities in Spanish: Compras shopping,

cine cinema

Guitarra guitar

Ajedraz chess

Escuchar musica listening to music.

f. When talking about what you like and dislike you use the verbs gustar and enchanter.

g. Odiar is the Spanish word for hate. Odio futbol, I hate soccor.

5. Reading

a. The main character in Bridge to Terabithia is Jess Oliver Aarons, Jr. he is in fifth grade and has the intention of being the fastest kid in fifth grade.

b. Leslie Burke is the new girl. Her parents are rich, but they don’t have television, she is very girly, but she dresses like a boy, all the kids in her class are mean to her except for Jess Aarons who Leslie immediately befriends.

c. Leslie and Jess then decide to go and play in the woods behind Leslie’s new house, which is right next to Jess’s. Leslie, with her active imagination decides that they should pretend the woods is a magical kingdom and the only way to get there is by swinging on a rope over the river.

d. Jess plays along with Leslie because he thinks it is fun. They build there, “Castle Stronghold” by a big tree in the woods and it is made out of three pieces of rotten wood from the cow pasture by the river. They call the land Terabithia, and decide to go there together after school every day.

e. Jess’ dream of becoming the fastest boy in fifth grade vanished now that there were no races, nobody ever wanted to race because Leslie won all the time, and I mean ALL the time.

f. Leslie liked to make up stories about Giants attacking Terabithia and Leslie and Jess would pretend to kill them and then they would go back to their Castle Stronghold and read.

g. I like this book a lot so far and can’t wait to see what happens next.

6. Writing

a. Today for writing I added a new paragraph to my Profile:

 I really liked learning about World War II. My favorite battle of World War II is the Battle of the Bulge. I liked it because it was such a long battle and it was really neat that the allies were able to claim a victory even if they went two feet onto enemy lines and capturing territory while pushing Germany back, It was a great World War II moment when General Patten came in to help the allies in the Battle of the Bulge. I also really liked learning about double agent spies. I read in a World war II story book about a Russian spy who got captured by the Germans and pretended to spy on the Russians giving the Germans false statements about the Russians location and such, he was never caught. The most devastating stories about World War II, are those from the European Jews, and young Jews like Anne Frank. When I watched the Diary of Anne Frank, I could really see the fear in their eyes the whole time they were hiding, and especially when they got captured. Another devastating thing about World war II, are all the cities that got destroyed from bombs, major cities like Berlin, London, Pearl Harbor, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and many other cities from around the world that were completely destroyed. My favorite allied victory I think was the success of the Normandy Invasion, or Operation overlord. I think my favorite picture is the picture of the soldiers raising the American flag in Iwo Jima telling the sleeping soldiers that they had won. I think my favorite world War II quote is Winston Churchill’s, “We have never owed so much to so few.”
 
7. Art

No comments:

Post a Comment