Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Days 126, 127


7 x7 Seven Subjects & 7 things I learned Day 126, 127.

1.       Math

a. In math today I learned how to name how many terms, variables, constants, and coefficients there are.

b. To make this easier, I wrote all of the subtraction problems, as adding negatives.

c. 7 – 4z. There are two terms total, the constant is 7, the coefficient is – 4, and the variable is z.

d. n – m. There are two terms total, the variables are n and m, the coefficients are 1 and -1, and there are no constants.

e. 0.2 + a – 5b + 2/3 c

Four terms total, the variables are a, b, and c. the constant is 0.2, and the coefficients are 1, -5, and 2/3

f. 3x/5 – 9 – y. there are three terms total, the variables are x and y, the constant is -9, and the coefficient are 3/5 and -1.

g.(0.6)g – 8 – h + 11/12

There are four terms total, the variables are g and h, the constants are -8 and 11/12, the coefficients are 0.6 and -1.

 

2. Science

a. I learned that Russia has 30.7% of the whole world’s natural gas reserves. Making it the country with the largest oil reserves.

b. Saudi Arabia has 24.9% of the world’s oil reserves, making it the country with the most oil reserves, followed closely by Iraq and Iran.

c. An offshore Oil rig is a platform in the ocean made from steel and concrete, hundreds of people work there to get oil and gas from below the seafloor.

d. Oil and gas are called fossil fuels because they are formed fossils of ancient plants, animals, and dinosaurs crushed for millions of years by rock.

e. Oil and gas collect in reservoirs where the rock layers are just right; they are extracted by drilling into the reservoirs.

f. Drilling for fossil fuels is a risky, expensive, and dirty job but for the companies that do it, the rewards can be huge because they can sell the valuable substances.

g. The worlds demand for energy from oil and gas is endless.

3. History

a. In history today I learned about the ancient Egypt Pharaohs and who they were.

 b. I learned that the Nile River runs Northwood to the Mediterranean Sea, cutting through the Egyptian desert and providing water for its people.

c. I learned that the Pharaohs of Ancient Egypt were the rulers, the word pharaoh means, “great house.”

d. At the time when Cleopatra ruled Egypt, she was the riches person in the world.

e. Cleopatra VII was the last descendent of Alexander the Great to rule ancient Egypt.

f. Cleopatra was eighteen years old when she became queen.

g. I learned that the actress Theda Bara played the first Cleopatra in 1920.

 

4. Language

a. In Spanish today I learned how to give directions; I will give directions to places in Brunswick from my house.

b. Disculpe ?hay una officinal de correos? Excuse me, where’s the post office?

Siga todo, Vaya a la derecha, Esta a la izquierda al la la biblioteca.

Go straight on, and then turn right. It’s on the left next to the library.

c. Disculpe ? Donde esta el centro comercial? Excuse me wheres the shopping center.

Siga todo y vaya derecho es colegio, Vaya izquierda, siga todo recto, el Tontine compra.

Go straight and then turn right at the school, then turn left and go straight on, there is the Tontine Mall.

d. Disculpe ?Donde esta el granjero Mercado? Excuse me where’s the farmers market?

Siga todo recto. Vaya derecha es colegio. Vaya izquierda en siga todo recto, Vaya izquierda antes Puente.

Go straight and turn right at the school, then turn left and go straight, turn left before the bridge.

e. Disculpe ? donde esta el piscina? Excuse me where’s the swimming pool?

Siga todo recta. Vaya izquierda y tren estacion, Vaya derecho dos, siga todo y vaya izquierda, Vaya derecha dos, Esta justo el patinajea pista.

Go straight on and turn left at the train station, Turn right twice and go straight, turn left, and then right twice again, its right there next to the skating rink.

f. Disculpe ?donde est el biblioteca? Excuse me where’s the library.

 Siga todo, Vaya a la derecha, Esta a la derecha, esta justo officinal de correos.

Go straight on and turn right, it’s on the right next to the post office.

g. Disculpe ?donde est el parquet? Excuse me wheres the park

Siga todo recto. Vaya derecha dos.

Go straight on and turn right twice.

5. Reading

a. In reading I read a story about a really bad storm and I had to pretend to be the main character being interviewed about the story: What was your first indication that the storm was going to be a bad one?

When they had to close the pool due to severe weather warnings.

b. Why did you decide to go to your own home instead of Zack’s?

Because my house was closer and I didn’t want to leave him there alone in the bad storm.

c. What happened when you tried to get indoors?

The door was glued to the house and the wind was pulling Zack and I back so it was hard to get to the door. When the door finally opened it swung against the side of the house and flapped in the wind and wouldn’t close again.

d. What did you do once you got inside the house?

Well we immediately went into the closet under the stairs because I felt that that would be the best place in the no basement house for us to be sheltered.

e. At what point were you most frightened?

When the couch banged against the wall next to the stairs, I was most frightened because the couch weighed so much that I began to think the=at the wind could pick us up too. I was also frightened when I saw the lighting through the crack on the ceiling.

f. How could you tell that Zack and you were safe?

When the storm grew distant I knew that we had experienced the worst of it and that we have survived it.

g. What kind of storm do you think you survived?

I think it was a tornado because of the circulating winds and eerie green sky.

6. Writing

a. Continuing on with my story:

                After that spell Reagan knew something was going wrong, and then when she was over at the cake cutting slices and handing them to people that weren’t there Claire began to worry, she was doing every action and spell that Melissa was doing Claire started to worry. Melissa however had no idea this was going on so she went completely crazy and started dancing, Reagan doing the same thing. “It’s not me mom! Something’s going on!” Reagan said to her mom as she was dancing with no music. Finally when Melissa sat down Reagan did too, super dizzy and super confused. “Mom, how did I make my cake disappear and make a completely new one?” “I don’t know” Claire said remembering a little bit more about that night with Melissa when they were told to be dolls. With all the chaos of that night Claire forgot to tell Reagan about their exciting news, so she did that morning. Reagan came down stairs at six o’clock in the morning unintentionally, because Melissa did, her parents weren’t even awake yet, usually they all went downstairs together, Claire and Steven were very surprised to see her downstairs drinking milk out of the jug, following every move Melissa was doing.

7. Voice

a. In voice today we practiced, “Perfect nanny” from Mary Poppins

b. We did the Cee-ah-ya-ah warm-up in Ooos.

c. We did the “Perfect nanny” song twenty times.

d. Stephanie wrote in the chords on the song sheet so I could practice them at home.

e. I practiced singing the song in a British accent because that’s how I am supposed to do it in the audition.

f. I practiced doing the Michael lines as-well because I’m not sure what they want me to do in the audition.

g. I really like this song and am excited to sing it for in the audition.

No comments:

Post a Comment