Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

December 16, 2010 Day Sixty-Nine

Sophie's Blog: Hello this is Sophie writing 20 sentences for my blog today! As you know over the weekend I had my big play. In case you're wondering, it went GREAT! On the first night, Friday, it could've gone better. But we all had the bejeebers!! I forgot my picture of the house I needed to show Mr. Kringle or Santa Claus! I improvised big time. I just described it to him, and he caught on and saved me. Also in the court room scene the judge didn't appear for like 2 minutes, he was all ready and everything but the director was talking to him and they both forgot it was his scene! But Saturday's performance and Sunday's performance were as perfect as can be. I had a lot of fun at rehearsal for the play and I think it paid off big time. In the last two days I finished my vests for the triplets. I made them and did all of the sewing myself and they look awesome. I hope the girls will like them. Another exciting thing that happened to me this week is that I caught Lily's cold and now me and mom are sick. WHAT A BUMMER! So I can't wait for next week because it's Christmas! I can see me now on Christmas morning taking pictures with that wonderful I-pod touch. Hopefully! This weekend is the skating show. I can't wait for that either!!! A lot of things are exciting around Christmas. I think I've written more than 20 sentences by now but I just really enjoy telling all of you about me and my life and all of the cool stuff that's happening to me. The machine now says that I've written exactly 291 words! WOW! I hope Lily get's her D.S on Christmas. She really deserves it. Now I've written on 2 pages so goodbye, thanks for reading about me. (I feel Special!) -Sophie

Book Report: A Picture Book of Hanukkah by David A Adler

  1. Summarize the story:

This story tells about the miracles of Hanukkah in a child's version. Antiochus ruled the Jews in Greek style for so many years the Jews decided to get into war with Antiochus. They fought for year until there were only a co0uple of Jews left. The small group of Jews also called the Maccabees won. They got back to Jeruselum they lit up the nertamid and the candle stayed lit for 8 nights.


 

  1. List at least 3 characters with one sentence describing them:

Mattuthias: The old high priest of the temple who fought in the war

Antiochus: The Greek King of the Jews trying to make the Jews Greek

Judah: The ruler of the Maccabees

  1. What did you like best about this book?

The details and illustrations


 

  1. Write a one sentence advertisement for the book.

So you're not Jewish? You don't celebrate Hanukkah? Well this book is the right book for you, it's a child's guide to Hanukkah!


 

  1. What did you learn from the book? What lesson does the book teach?

ABOUT HANUKKAH

No comments:

Post a Comment