Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

March 4, 2011 Day One-Hundred and Eleven

Sophie's Blog—Tell us about what you did today: Hi everyone today I am going to do ANOTHER dramatic story about a spins class I went to today. I woke up as nervous as a squirrel running across a highway, I was going to a spins class in Boston. I didn't know what the teacher was going to be like; I didn't know if she was going to be like Linda, I didn't know what in the whole wide world she was going to be like. I didn't know if it was going to be like Delaware, I didn't know if it was going to be like Simsbury, WHAT WAS I GOING TO DO! I first did math in my Guinness and Fractions. The hopped in to the car with Emma and Linda. I colored in my science and did my skeleton poem, as well as watch Grease twice! It was hard to read in the car with Emma and Linda talking, but I read some of my science. We got there, I was shivering like I just jumped in to the ocean when it was like 9 degrees outside. It was like… LAKE PLACID! THAT WASN'T EVEN ONE OF MY CHOICES THAT I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS GOING TO BE LIKE! It had 3 rinks, and was filled with people. My coach was a lady named Beth. She was dressed in hot pink, and had SUPER BRIGHT Pink lipstick. She asked me what kind of "Trick Spins" I had. I told her and I showed some to her. I am glad Linda cam on the ice. She showed me how to do different spins. All sorts of spins, combo's. 5 ways, broken leg which I like. I have it in my program now, I told Linda to say just before I go out, REMEMBER TO BREAK A LEG, LITERALLY! I liked it a lot. I spent the night at Emma's house with Lily. I got up at 6 in the morning the next day. Guess what… MORE SKATING! J


 


 

-Story by Sophie Aileen Calderwood


 

Activities

Science: Gray's Anatomy—caught up with reading and coloring

Math: 1 page Guinness, 15 5x5 fraction problems (make-up)

Body Poems: Skeleton

Skeleton Poem

The skeleton isn't going to scare you

It really should fascinate you,

With all of the bones in it,

The first place ribbon is given to it.


 

The skeleton isn't all of the body.

There's blood and arteries too,

But the skeleton's made of bones.

These bones are inside of you!


 

Here are some of the bones,

I didn't learn this on the phone,

The mandible: your top jaw, trapezius is neck,

Your vertebrae, which is your spine and back.

No comments:

Post a Comment