Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

March 9, 2011 Day One-Hundred and Fourteen

Activities

Skating: working and practicing for upcoming show "That's Entertainment" on Sunday March 20th

Art: sleepover at farm to start pasting and gluing collage book

Body Poems: Heart & Lungs and Muscles

Heart and Lungs Poem

The heart, the heart, the lungs, the lungs!

The heart, THE HEART! In a human's life

It beats 212 billion times.

Do you know what proteatsit? I do. Then what?

It's something that does not rhyme!


 

The ribs, THE RIBS! Oh yes, that's it

The ribs protect the heart!

But there's something else the ribs protect,

It's a very important part…


 

The lungs, THE LUNGS! The lungs I sung

The lungs control your breath.

The bronchus trees come off your lungs,

Bronchus trees come off Seth!


 

The heart and lungs, the heart and lungs

I agree they are very cool.

They're not ALL the parts of the body, no

But the body, THE BODY! They rule.


 

Muscles Poem

"Weight Lifter"

There's a man who has bigger biceps,

And he also has larger triceps,

He's Hercules according to me,

But a "weight lifter" according to he.


 

He can pick up 10 pound rocks,

And my brother's pile of dirty socks,

With his pinky he can pick up a shifter

It's no doubt he's a "weight lifter!"


 

He has a bony korakebrachialis,

Has a house that's the whole size of Dallas.

Only I can pick up a sifter,

He's definitely a "weight lifter!"


 

Science: caught up on a few missed pages in Gray's Anatomy, getting ready for next Human Body day this Friday!

Blog: Sophie's Blog: Hey everyone, I am writing ANOTHER 20 sentence blog about, well really no particular topic but here, P.S THIS IS A DRTAMATIC BLOG: I was at Emma's house; I woke up at 5:30 all a glow. I quickly got dressed and jumped in the car, we drove to the rink. The Ice Monitor, George was playing his ROCK AND ROLL music very loudly when we got in. I went up stairs and tried to turn my iPod on for music but George's music was too loud I couldn't here mine. I warmed up with the moves Melissa and Denis taught me. I knew that that was the stuff we were going to do on Saturday. This is on Wednesday. I went down stairs and put my skates on at a reasonable time. I got on the ice and Linda told me what to practice. She couldn't have a lesson at that very minute because she needs to take other kids on Wednesday and the parents get mad if they take me first. I usually go last on Wednesday which means I get the shortest time when we get kicked off, but back to the story. I practiced and practiced, it was a really good skating day. FINALLY Linda took me and we got kicked off at which was bad because I only got 7.5 minutes with her. Well any way, we usually have breakfast and I am the only kid there, but this time, Caroline, Jillian, Macy, Kellie, Atti, and Rachel were there So, I had lots of fun. I came back from breakfast and did school;. On the way to the farm and there I worked on my collage and played with Lily and we had LOTS OF FUN. For those of you that did not know, which is probably very little because I was so excited. My callback for Annie is this Saturday, I want to get Duffy or Molly. P.S THE DRAMATIC BLOG WASN'T VERY DRAMATIC, BUT THAT'S BECAUSE NOTHING DRAMATIC REALLY HAPPENED. -Sophie

No comments:

Post a Comment