Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 46


October 20, 2011 Day 46





Sophie’s Blog: Tell about testing & also Sacagawea book

Yesterday I went to Massachusetts to test my intermediate moves. I didn’t have much time. Pretty much as soon as I got there I was on the ice. I went over to the judges and they told me to start my first move which was double threes. I thought they were very good. My second move was spirals which were awesome!!! My third move was brackets, which could’ve been better. My fourth move was twizzles, which were horrible! I fell on every single one of them even on my re-skate. They didn’t let me do my last move because my scores were too low. I have to test again in December.

Today I read a whole book about Sacagawea and the Lewis and Clark expedition. I liked it very much and taught me some interesting things. My hands got numb after reading it because I was holding the book in the same position for so long. Mom expected me to read a chapter or two this morning but no I read the whole book.

Who was Sacagawea? By Judith Bloom Fradin and Dennis Brindell Fradin


And how about the Lewis & Clark documentary you watched and finished—what more did you learn about the expedition?



I watched a 3 hour documentary about the details of the Lewis and Clark expedition from 1804-1806. It informed me on all the little details of almost each and every day. What all the Native American tribes they met were called and how they treated the corps of discovery, How they named the rivers and lakes, and how the corps felt about Sacagawea coming along with them. I enjoyed the documentary a lot and learned all of the little details that I need for my board game. Now here are some facts I learned by watching the documentary.

1. The Touitan Sioux tribe stole Lewis’ dog Seaman

2. While the Corps were camped out in Fort Clatsop, they heard news of a whale being washed up on shore. Everyone got to see the whale except Sacagawea and York

3. In late May the Corps of Discovery reached the Rocky Mountains, and there was still snow on the top.

4. The Blackfoot tribe tricked the Corps of Discovery and almost stole their horses.

5. The Corps of discovery met over 50 Native American tribes during the expedition

No comments:

Post a Comment