Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 55 Christmas School Day One


November 28, 2012   Day 55   Christmas School Day One

Daily Spark             yes

Spelling: I made the longest sentence I could think of using the first half of the alphabet, a - m with the exception of S + t.

A bee came, It said, “hi miss” Is a beast hiding in the stable? As I shake I head, the bee hides.

Then I made a sentence with the other half of the alphabet n-z with the exception of A + E

A pony wants to eat you, you start to run, you see a stop post and you stop. Pony runs up to you, you get eaten.

Critical Thinking:

                                                        Accept that all of the following premises are true:

All my friends are dancers

If no convicted criminals are dancers, then no dancers are rich.

I have a rich friend

Is it true that some dancers are convicted criminals?
 

Shakespeare:

Merchant of Venice starts in the middle of a conversation I wrote the beginning of a play that started in the middle of a conversation as well. It’s called, “Skippy”

Skippy: And the pig just ran off with the barn door stapled to its butt!

Carlos: (laughs) Oh that is such a wonderful story Skippy, you know, you really should be a playwright, you could be as popular as Shakespeare!

Skippy: Ah Shucks Carlos, you really think so?!

Carlos: Why yes, I would pay big bucks to see this play, and I am not an easy fellow to be made entertained!

Skippy: Oh Carlos, I can see it now, “Skippy” on Broadway, the biggest smash hit musical yet!

 

 

Poem:

I learned about William Blake. We listened to the poem “The Lamb” and “The Tiger” both were questioning religion which was really cool, and they were beautiful poems. I learned that William Blake was also an artist that painted kind of grotesque and distorted pictures of angels and monsters and more paintings questioning religion. I thought he was kind of cool!

Christmas School Poem # 1 by Sophie:

 

Well I made some Christmas gifts today,

Ornaments, necklaces, yay!

 I cannot tell you who their for,

I guess you’ll have to wait some more!

 

The ornaments all look so nice!

Stockings, bells, and Christmas mice!

Magazine cutout necklaces,

Each one describes the receivers wish!

 

Guess you’ll have to wait until Christmas day,

And I think I know what you’ll say!

Oh Sophie it’s what you described in school,

You know, it’s not really That cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment