Pages

Thursday, January 20, 2011

January 20, 2011 Day Eighty-Six

5 x 5 for 5th Grade

  1. Vocabulary

1. Station: The Ranking of what station you were born in, rich poor or in the middle

2. Elder: The elderly people that are members of your church; protestant church only

3. Anglican: Of or pertaining to the Church of England

4. Vertebral column: A scientific name for the spine

5. Vertebrae: The 26 ring shaped bones on the spine

5 Sentences

1. Ruth Alden's family was in the middle station above Poor and below Aristocracy.

2. Elder people now are not only in protestant churches but in all.

3. John Alden and his family was Anglican so when they went to America they were called the Strangers.

4. I think on my body, we should use a stick for the vertebral column also known as the spine.

5. I think for the vertebrae on my body we should use rocks or acorns or something.

5 Facts & Details

1. 5 miles is 1,600 rods

2. 5 miles is 8,800 yards

3. 5 miles is 26,400 feet

4. 5 miles is 316,800 inches

5. 5 miles is 633,600 half inches AND THEN SOME!

5 Questions

1. What kind of transportation did the Pilgrims have? A: WALKING!

2. What were the Pilgrims views on marriage? A: Marriage was a civil contract not a religious one

3. Did the Mayflower pilgrims practice religious tolerance? A: They tended to be more tolerant than the puritans

4. Did the Pilgrims have ownership of their homes or lands? A: Not until 1627

5. Did the Pilgrims own cattle? A: yes but not until Edward Winslow brought it over


 

5 Math from Fraction Stories, Skill 9 adding & subtracting fractions answers using these fractions: for questions 3-5: 1/ 12 lbs 5/12 lbs 7/12 lbs 11/12 lbs

1. 3/16 + 1/16 = 4/16

2. 5/16 + 7/16 = 12/16

3. What is the total weight: 6/12 or ½

4. How much more does it weigh? 1/3

5. What is the total weight of all? 2 pounds

Colonial Letter 2 Topic: Family Roles


Dearest Aunt Sarah,

Today was a very emotional day for our family. Little Timothy Alden passed away this morning we all filled with tears as the winds of angels carried Timothy away to heaven. I am writing to thee hoping you will understand. Again I wish you are at good health. After the dreadful news of this morning I have more pleasant news. Mother has allowed me to go to school to learn my manners and how to literate. I wish I could show thee my first sampler. It is of our house and our family. I am very proud of myself.

Our population of our colony has doubled in the last two weeks. I got in trouble last week for being Idle. Father has told me you used to be very idle when you were little, I don't believe that.

Father and Mother have frightened me, they're calling each other "Goodwife and Goodman" I hope they are not mad at each other.

Father has joined a group that does not want to be subject to the king of England! They are trying to find away to be their own country. I think that would be nice.

Anyway I still am at health so is my family, I bless god almighty.

Love your niece,

Ruth Alden

Math Workbooks: Guinness 1 page, Sylvan 1 page

Gray's Anatomy: facial muscles & structure

Library

Piano practice

Power Point Presentation: Part 2 18th Century "The Enlightenment"—Questions *will be posted as Bonus Post soon*


 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment