Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 71 Back to school


7 x7 Seven Subjects & 7 things I learned                                January 4, 2013   Day 71   

1.       Math   7 New Math Posters!








2. Science

a. The amoeba is a microorganism that shows all the characteristics of a living thing.

b. The amoeba traps prey by surrounding it with two pseudopodium. 

c. The amoeba’s vacuole, is a lot like our stomach!

d. Before the amoeba reproduces, it goes through the process of mitosis where it grows by expanding its membrane.

e. Interphase is a stage where the amoeba is expressing the characteristic of life, behavior, Interphase is the Amoebas resting stage.

f. The amoeba demonstrates the characteristic regulation when it controls the digestion of the microbe.

g. Organization: shows off its internal organelles.

3. History

a. The two things said in Section 2 of Article III of the Constitution explain the power of the courts applies to everyone in America, even people who aren’t citizens.

b. Article VI says that elected and appointed members of all three branches must uphold the constitution.

c. Article IV explains how new states can be admitted to the United States.

d. In 1791 James Madison made ten amendments to the constitution and it is called, the bill of rights.

e. Which amendment gives citizens the right to protest peacefully? The first amendment.

f. Which amendment do you think might be the most controversial one? The guaranteed right of citizens to own and carry weapons.

g. the fourth amendment seems most important to me.

4. Language

a. The myth of Io states that Juno turned the guarder of the forest nymph Io, Argus the creature with one hundred eyes, into a peacock so that when a peacock spreads out its tail, one hundred eyes look at you!

b. Pavo caute ambulat. The peacock cautiously walks.

c. Pavo timide clamitat! The peacock fearfully screams!

d. Pavo celeriter fugit. Peacock quickly runs away.

e. Pavo magnifice panam consumit. Peacock splendidly eats bread.

f. Pavo subito stat. The peacock suddenly stands.

g. Pavo tacite recumbat. The Peacock quietly lies down.

5. Reading

a. The idiom, “To break the ice” means to make a start.

b. The idiom, “A chip on his shoulder” means that he seems angry or resentful

c. The idiom, “out of the frying pan and into the fire” means to go from a bad situation to a worse one.

d. The idiom, “going bananas” means going crazy

e. The idiom, “your cup of tea” means something one enjoys.

f. The idiom, “ fly off the handle” means to lose ones temper

g. the idiom, “ pie-in-the-sky” means something that’s unrealistic.

6. Writing

a. I learned about conjunctions, some conjunctions are, and, but, for, so, or, nor and yet.

b. Since I am homeschooled I don’t have homework but I do have work to do after school. I babysit three days a week for my next-door neighbor Owyn and when I’m not babysitting, I help teach a dance class for younger dancers. When I’m not babysitting or dancing which isn’t very often, I have free time where I like to practice my guitar, play with my sister, or play on the wii and kinnect.

c. Which of the following animals does not belong in the list? Polar bear, penguin, beluga, moose, walrus, or reindeer.

d. I wrote a paragraph about If I like music and if I think that people who don’t like music should be trusted.

e. I particularly like music, and making music. I find it very enjoyable to listen to and a lot of songs have valuable lessons. I still respect people who don’t love music however, because I understand people’s opinions and differences. If someone said to me straight forward that they hated music I would ask why because I would be curious and maybe I could help persuade them or understand why they didn’t like music. But I wouldn’t say that they couldn’t be trusted just because they didn’t like music.

f. Mom read the raven to me by Edgar Allen Poe! I think it is kind of a creepy poem. 

g. I learned arithmatricks about addition. If you have a problem that ends in nine such as 29 and 44. It’s easier to find the answer if you add 1 to 29 and subtract one from 44 so it becomes 30 + 43 = 73!

7. Music

a. I learned a new song on my guitar called “Fifteen” by Taylor Swift.

b. I learned new chords on my guitar Cadd 9 and E7

c. I practiced “Speak Now” by Taylor Swift on my guitar

d. I practiced “Tim McGraw” on the piano

e. I taught myself a new strumming pattern for a song on the guitar, “Picture to burn”

f. I learned the lyrics to the song “Picture to burn”

g. I learned the introduction to castle on a cloud on the piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment