Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

October 12, 2010 Day Twenty-Six

Activities:

Creative Writing: Botanical Garden Haikus with Bo

Happy Abenaki

Ere the white men came

The happy abenakis

Peacefully living.


 

My fairy poem 2

Fluttering fairy

Always happily hang-gliding

Flawlessly flying


 

A tree house

I'm in my tree house

Dreaming, singing, having fun.

Never felt better!


 

Beary Scary Bears!


 

Creeping out at night

Bears slowly lurking for food

Beary scary bears.


 

Music: Singing lessons with Kat Logan

Book Report:

Title: Maria's Comet

Author: Deborah Hopkinson

  1. Summarize the story: This is a story about a little girl who whose Dad is an astronomer and she wants to be one too.
  2. List at least 3 characters with one sentence describing them: who wants to be an astronomer

    Andrew: Maria's older brother who is a sailor

    Mother: the one who decides Maria can be an astronomer

  1. What did you like best about this book? I liked the illustrations! They were very descriptive!
  2. Write a one sentence advertisement for the book.

    This is a story for all ages and is great for nighttime!

  3. What did you learn from the book? What lesson does the book teach?

    I learned that there were astronomers even back then! This book doesn't really teach a lesson.


 

Sophie's Blog: Today I went to Kat's to have my second singing lesson, we sang, "Colors of the Wind" from Disney's Pocahontas. I got the lead role of Susan in Miracle on 34th Street. I also found out that they are doing Annie at MSMT in the summer! I'm very excited and I can't wait to audition! We went to the botanical gardens today, and I had a fun day with Bo. I can't wait for tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. sophie - my favorite poem is the 'fluttering fairy' what a beautiful visual piece of writing.
    gamma

    ReplyDelete