Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Sophie's Blog: My Summer


My summer

My summer, my summer was exciting this year, my summer was beaches and camps and of course skating. This summer I was determined to see if I could make new friends which happened, and to see if I could give back the friendship I had with old friends from years ago, which happened. I feel like I have grown up this summer quite a bit, well I am twelve years old!

My favorite part of summer was all the camps that I did probably. I went to many camps and each of them were truly wonderful and I loved everything about the three camps I was at. At Bowdoin college summer day camp I went for two weeks of athletic fun. I learned how to play basketball, newcome and all sorts of SUPER fun activities and sports and games that I now love doing. I also went to skating camp like every year but this time with new people I went with Charlotte, Leah, Shania, and Makayla. We all had a great time and completed all of our skating goals. Two weeks ago I went to a theater camp in Portland that was phenomenal it was a lot like the theater project except they sang and danced as well as acting. It was an amazing experience and I definitely want to do more shows there throughout the school year and summer.
 

Unlike last summer we took a lot of time to go to many beaches throughout Maine, We went to beaches such as Reid State park, Popham beach, Winslow Park and they were all a lot of fun. I went to a whole bunch of MSMT shows I went to nine in total! My favorite was probably 42nd street or a chorus line. It made me really miss the theater though. However next year they will be doing three shows with children parts in them I would really love to be baby June or baby Louise in Gypsy or maybe even Cosette in Les Miserables. This school year I will really be looking forward to watching all of these shows and learning parts for the auditions.



 Last Friday was my birthday and today my first day of school, summer went by fast. 7th grade, I cannot believe it has been seven years since the first day, which Lily is experiencing right now, of school. I remember every detail, I was wearing a magenta short sleeve top and a pink floral skirt, I was starting first grade. Seven years since that.

This year I am excited for learning about old England and old whales and especially excited to be going there in a little over a month. What an experience it will be, my first time out of the country and all the way around the world to London and Whales. It will be amazing to go to the 2,000 year old castles right across the street from my cousin’s house! It will be so much fun!

I’m really looking forward to the new format of school this year, it will feel like I’m actually in middle school. I’m so happy to be in 7th grade and to learn about all of these great subjects from a great teacher thank you mom!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment