Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

November 17 & 18, 2010 Days Forty-nine & Fifty

A special thanks to Uncle Aaron for making this wonderful trip happen!







Sophie's Blog: Where did we go on our big field trip? What did we visit on the first day? List three things you learned. Where did we go the second day? What was your favorite part? Why? What was your least favorite part? Why? List at least five things you learned. Why is it important to visit places like this?


In the last two days we went to Plymouth plantation. On the first day we went to Mayflower two, I thought it was going to be much bigger. I learned that there were 102 colonists that sailed to the New World in 1620. More than half of the pilgrims died in the first winter. On the second day we went to Plimoth Plantation. My favorite part was actually the Wampanoag Home site. I liked it because the Wampanoag Native Americans were actually real Wampanoag Native Americans. They were not actors and I thought that was super cool. In the Pilgrim Village, I thought it was very realistic. I asked one of the pilgrims a very good question. "Were you grateful to the Native Americans, after they helped you?" Her answer was, "Sure, but I think they will be more grateful for us, since we told them about God, and helped them civilize." I think that was a very good answer. I think it is important to visit a place like Plymouth Plantation because I think it's easier and more fun to learn when you are actually there.

No comments:

Post a Comment