Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Art-Isms Review


Art-isms Review

Identify each image with the Art-ism it represents. Write one sentence explaining your identification.

1.          
This art style is mannerism.

Can tell that this is mannerism because of the distortion of his hand and the unnatural look and position of his body.

 

2.       This would be considered abstract expressionism.

I can tell that was painted with emotion and with vibrant colors. I can tell that it is abstract because there are several different things it could be, or it could be nothing in particular at all.

 

 

3.        

 I think that this painting would be considered neoclassicism because it has fantasy feeling and Greek feel.

 

 

4.  This is definitely pointillism because I can see the individual dots that were used to paint this. It also uses primary colors which is one of the characteristics of pointillism.

       

5.        This OP art because it creates an illusion and it uses bright colors with black and white.

6.       This is a cubism painting by Pablo Picasso. I know that is cubism because I can see the different geometrical shapes that are put together to create the room and instruments.

7.        This is a cubism painting because the person is distorted and looks geometric. I cans see the different squares and cubes that were used to create this persons body.

8.        This is a realism painting because it looks like a real scene of nature. I can tell that these are two men who are mining or doing some sort of constructive work during the early 1800’s.

9.       This is impressionism, because it is kind of blurry and it is an outside scene which is one of impressionism’s characteristics.

10.    This is photorealism. I can’t tell if it is a photograph or a painting which is what photorealism is supposed to do.

11.    I can tell that this painting was painted to mean something, it was painted with emotion. This is abstract expressionism. I can tell because of the paint splatters and confusing emotion that was painted.

12.    I would probably say that this style is mannerism because it is unnatural to have a man made out of fruit, however the painting is not completely distorted, it contains a level of mystery.

13.    This is neoclassicism. I can tell because it is mythological and you can tell that. 

14.    This painting is also cubism because of the vibrant colors and geometric shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment