Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

Days 115 & 116


7 x7 Seven Subjects & 7 things I learned                March 20 & 21, 2013                        Days 115, 116

1.       Math

Kahn Academy ½ hour


2. Science

Science Project Web Quest

Outline & Plan Summary   3/21/2013

1. I plan to create a video of me demonstrating the three laws of motion through skating.

2. I also want to create a poster board showing pictures from my skating proving that I understand Newton's three laws of motion.

3. To demonstrate the first law, I plan to have a video of me doing a spiral and staying in motion until I stop the spiral with an unbalanced force, putting my other blade down and skidding across the ice to stop myself. Then I would stay in that stopped position until I push against the ice creating momentum.

4. To demonstrate the second law I would ask someone with more mass then me, such as Katie or Linda to do a pin or back crossovers at the same time with the same force as me, this would prove that since I have less mass, that I would go faster. And then doing a simple waltz jump at the same time as someone with more mass with the same force, same speed, and same height, it would prove that the person with more mass would accelerate faster and be down before me.

5. To demonstrate the third law, I would perform a jump such as an axel and show that when I land, and take off that I push on the ice and that the ice pushes against my skate with an equal and opposite force causing me to go up into the air.

6. For the poster board I plan to write out everything that I said in my video and post it on the board along with pictures of me skating and Newton and other things.

7. I think that this is a good idea to demonstrate the three laws of physics.

3. History

History Review & Profile Interview

4. Language

a. In Spanish today, I learned how to say what I want to be.

b. I also learned how to say some occupations in Spanish: Quiero ser actor. I want to be an actor.

c. Some other names of occupations are: Poilicia, police officer

officinista, office worker

veterinaria, veterinarian

bombero, firefighter

d. I practiced conjugating the Spanish verbs, Estar and Ser which both mean, to be.

e. I also practiced some more of my vocabulary:

f. Seguir: follow

g. Dejar: leave

5. Reading

Anne Frank--min-series The Diary of Anne Frank (2008)
Summarize the Anne’s story and how it makes you feel & how it relates to your understanding of WWII:

Anne Frank and her family are Dutch Jews during World War II. They go into hiding when the Germans come into their town and round up all the Jews for Hitler’s final solution in 1942. They hid in the attic of her father’s office with the door behind a bookshelf. They actually had a pretty decent life. The attic had six bedrooms, and three floors. They lived there with two other families and one older man, the Van-Dans and the Dussels. They had to be quiet while the men were at work from 8 – 12:30 and then they had the rest of the day to do whatever they liked. Of course there were times were everyone got along just great, and of course there were also times where everybody seemed to get on everybody else’s nerves. All throughout the time that Anne Frank was in hiding, she kept a diary. Her diary was read throughout the television show. Now, her diary is very important to the study of World War II because it explained the lives of the Jews in Europe, and all of the fear that they were living with. Anne Frank and her family were so close to living; the allies were only about 50 miles away when they got found out by a German police man. Everybody died in camps all throughout Europe except for Anne’s father who died in 1980.

6. Writing

History Review & Profile Interview--still arranging a good time to call for phone interview. Practiced questions & interview techniques.

7. Art

Free period—create artwork that represents one of your favorite “isms.”

No comments:

Post a Comment