Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Days 99--102 Unexpected FUN trip to NYC for Sophie!


Days 99-102    February 66—March 1, 2013

Paragraph: Summarize what you did this week

This week I went on a trip with my friends to New York City. This was an amazing opportunity that I could not pass up. So, since I went on this one day trip to New York was not able to get much, “real school” done…but I did learn a lot while I was in New York and I will tell you about that later. Last week counted for school also, because I went and visited Gamma and Bo at the farm for farm school which I haven’t done in a long time. Bo, worked with me about stuff like grammar, and alliteration and fun language stuff like that, while Gamma and I talked about the artist Matisse and set up for our art project.

Paragraph: Voice

For Voice and piano last week, I learned a new song on the piano and a bunch of new chords. The new chords I learned were, B, E, G, and Fm. The song I learned was, “Beautiful” by Christina Aguilera. In Voice, I practiced everything for my audition, I practiced little hand movements and face expressions to go with the songs. I also practiced choosing breathing points in the song so I didn’t run out of breath but it didn’t sound so breathy.

Paragraph: AWANA group

Before I went to New York last week, I went with Cecilia and Jasmine to a group she does called, AWANA. First we played a game, a bean bag relay race. Cecilia, Jasmine, and I were on a team with an older girl named Katherine. We were the yellow team. The idea of the game was to put the bean bag on our head and walk, not run around the circle trying to pass the other teams without the bean bag falling off your head and taking it to the next person. We won 3 out of the four times we played it. Then Cecilia went to go practice her verses and Katie and I helped the little kids with their verses. It was pretty fun, but when it was over…I was glad.

New York:

Bright and early Wednesday morning, Katie Kusturin, Cecilia Kusturin, Meg Kusturin, Bridget Kusturin, Jasmine Margel, and I, Sophie Calderwood hopped in Meg’s minivan on the way to Boston. Now, when I say bright and early on a Wednesday morning, I mean 2:30 in the morning, yes, 2:30. We arrived In Boston around 5:30 to catch a bus that left at 6:00 from Boston to New York City! I was so excited to be going to New York City again! Cecilia, Katie, Jasmine, and I are really good friends and had plan to have, “The most wonderful awesome one direction loving, Harlem shaking, video starring, ice skating, Night of the museum, fashionable, cool, stupendous trip ever.”….yes, that’s what we called it.

When we got to New York around 11:00 on Wednesday we arrived in the fashion district and went to the fashion museum while Meg went to go get fabric for costumes for the skating show. We had so much fun looking at all the crazy shoes and outfits and when we met up with Meg around lunchtime, it was time for me to try something new… Greek food. We were planning on grabbing a quick bite at Gyro II before catching the subway to the Museum of Natural History. I tried it, and actually quite liked my gyro sandwich! After lunch we went to the Museum of Natural History, and were super excited because we watched, “Night of the Museum” the night before. We were pretty upset to see it wasn’t the same museum, but we still had a LOT of fun! My favorite room was the “Ocean Life” room with the big whale hanging from the ceiling.



We spent about 3 ½ hours at the museum and then took an absolutely gorgeous walk through Central park all the way to FAO Schwartz. That’s when we started our video star. Jasmine videoed Cecilia and I on the big piano at FAO Schwartz dancing to One Direction…Oh yeah! That was a lot of fun. After FAO Schwartz we walked to Rockefeller Center and saw the NBC studios. After that, we went to Time Square…. And went shopping! We went to a lot of souvenir shops by Broadway and in Times Square and it was amazing! We went to Forever 21, and the Disney store and it was super cool! We also videoed us on the red stairs and when we were dancing, a woman behind us started dancing too….It was hilarious! We walked to Bryant park and went skating after Times Square…. And boy did we show off! We had like 8 feet of ice to do freestyle on in the middle, and we made the best of it. We practiced our solos and our thriller number and at one point everyone else skating stopped and watched us when our music came on and we couldn’t help ourselves from dancing! It was SOO much fun and a great experience! Thank you mom, Dad, and Meg for making this possible!



Love,

Sophie


Paragraph: Farm school

At farm school, we played the new “Earthopoly” game that Bo got us for Christmas and it was really fun. Gamma won at the end, but I came in second place. The game taught us about recycling, and how much it costs to keep a nice place with carbon credits and clean air going! I also did Daily Spark with Bo which was a lot of fun because he never has done Daily Spark before so he thought it was cool. He helped me with Shakespeare and History about taking it to the next level and making sure I completely understood what the book was trying to say, and at the end I did, so that was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment